Located on the west coast of India, our Mukta Kundalini Tantra Yoga Retreat Centre in South Goa is just a 200m walk from the tropical beach and surrounded by lush nature.
South Goa is safe and abundant in natural beauty where seekers can experience their true selves and grow in peace and harmony. Mother nature helps to heal and rejuvenate faster as we are part of it.
Our Facilities in Agonda Village
We are located just 200m away from the beach, surrounded by nature, coconut trees, birds, a lively neighborhood, and only a few minutes’ walk to the “main road” of Agonda village. Onsite at the guesthouse, you will find simplistic/basic private bedrooms with attached bathrooms and our open rooftop yoga shala with amazing nature and sea view.
About the Rooms:
- Choose from Small or Large Private Rooms (single occupancy). Large Private Rooms are a bit more spacious and has a desk/table, and, for the first available options, a basic kitchenette with a fridge. Small rooms are very small, without a kitchenette or fridge.
- All the rooms are simple/basic, equipped with a double bed, mosquito net, ceiling fan, wardrobe, a private attached bathroom (with hot shower, toilet, and sink), and the basic so you can make your favorite hot drink (either a kettle or electric hot plate).
- As we are still in a “primitive/rural” area, there could be some electricity disruption, slow WIFI, and/or hot water fluctuations. It is very important to adapt and be flexible if it happens as we have no control over it.
- To secure a Small Private Room or Large Private AC Room, it is advisable to book in advance due to their limited availability.
- Rooms are allocated according to your booking and it will not be possible to change once you arrive.
Check-in: from 11:00 AM on the starting day. Check-out: until 10:30 AM the following morning after the end of the training (cf. Ending Date)
Other amenities onsite: WIFI, yoga mats, bath towels, bedsheets, filtered water in the yogashala, cleaning room once a week.
The prices don’t include food, allowing you the freedom to eat meals based on your preferences and budget. Everyone has unique dietary tastes, needs, and restrictions like vegan, gluten-free, allergies, or spice-free. It’s hard to cater to everyone’s tastes while maintaining quality. Hence, this way is more comfortable as Agonda offers affordable food options with numerous restaurants and grocery stores just nearby the yoga shala/rooms.
For those planning to have three meals outside, we suggest budgeting a minimum of 1,200 INR per day (approximately 13/14 Euros). Keep in mind that this is a general estimate, and actual expenses may vary based on your specific dietary choices. If you are looking to manage costs effectively, consider booking a Large room, as most of them come equipped with a kitchenette and a fridge, allowing for basic cooking facilities. This option provides an additional level of flexibility for those on a budget.
How to reach us?
The easiest way to reach Goa is to fly to Dabolim airport (GOI) as travelling by train or bus in India can be exhausting, especially for those coming to India for the first time.
Dabolim International Airport is the closest airport to Agonda (approx. 60km). It is well connected by daily domestic flights mainly from Chennai, Mumbai, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Cochin and Bangalore and also international flights mainly from London, Dubai, Muscat and Doha. Click here for more details about flights to Dabolim.
As you reach Dabolim International Airport:
- We can organize a taxi pick-up for you at the guesthouse. You will just have to look for your name on a board at the Exit Gate. It will cost you 35 Euros per way, to pay us directly on arrival. To book your taxi, inform us in advance by email.
- Book a taxi at the arrival gate. There are a couple of official taxi counters as you just pass the security, located before the exit gate on the right side (Goa Miles and another taxi counter). They will assign you a taxi driver for a fixed amount of approx. between 1,800 INR and 2,500 INR to pay by cash directly to the driver when you reach your final destination. Have some local currency with you (Indian Rupees). Currency exchange booths can be found in Arrivals Hall, and ATM outside the Terminal building.
Other ways to travel to Agonda:
If you reach via train or bus to Margao (Madgaon) or Chaudi (Canacona), we can organise a taxi pick-up and drop-off for you.
We suggest our students to arrive 1 or 2 days earlier if your schedule allows, to acclimate yourself and rest from the travel/jet lag to start with fresh energy on Sunday afternoon as the training is intense.
You can either book a room in advance via Booking.com & Agoda.com or book a room as you reach and walk around, or check-in your room earlier if it is available. There will be extra cost per night. Please ask us directly for more details and availability.
Unlimited nature and laid-back family vibe
Agonda beach has been ranked number one beach in Asia! Famous for its 3 kilometre-long white sand beach with cozy shacks and a breeding site for sea turtles, Agonda Beach is one of the most beautiful and safe place in Goa. Surrounded by exotic palm groves and several small bays, it is a natural peaceful beauty with lush coastal and inland nature.
It has a laid-back family vibe yet vibrant life with its beach cafes, bars, restaurants, and a main shopping road. It is easy to socialize or to be alone depending on the mood and is also a safe destination for foreigners men and women to travel to.
Exotic weather all year round
The weather in Agonda is warm throughout the all year although from November to April is the most pleasant season with no rain and with lots of blue sky and sunshine during the days. The average temperatures vary between 24 to 32 degrees, and it gets cooler at night and in the morning. It is the local winter!
Then humidity rises during the summer in April and May, followed by the monsoon from June to September.
During monsoon, Goa turns into a lush greenery countryside with abundant nature, birds, when days are a little hot and humid, and evenings are cool and pleasant. Visiting Goa during the monsoon is a spectacular and picturesque experience! This is a time that favors meditation and living with the elements of nature. During this time, most shops are closed yet few restaurants remain open all years, with various type of food at a very affordable prices.
What to bring for the course?
We recommend you to bring:
- Notebook, pens and file folder for your notes
- Light comfortable clothes and shoes/slippers as days are warm
- Shawl/jumpers as mornings and evenings can be little chilly, especially during December & January
- Swimsuit, sun cream, sunglasses, hat
- Your preferred toiletries
- Any medication you are taking or may need
- White clothes for Opening and Certificate Ceremonies
- Electrical adapter
- Reusable water bottle (filtered water is available in the yogashala)
- We have yoga mats available in the yogashala although you are welcome to bring your own according to your physical preferences, or buy a new one in Agonda.
- Rain coat and umbrella if you come during the monsoon!
- Where to exchange currencies? There are few trustworthy Money Exchange agencies in Agonda. You may need to show your passport. Generally, the bigger the notes are, the better the exchange rate will be. We recommend you bring foreign currency and exchange it for INR (Indian Rupees) once you arrive in Agonda as the rate might be better than airport(s).
- Where to withdraw Indian Rupees? In Agonda (near HDFC bank), you can swipe your card for cash withdrawal at a Money exchange agency (cashback system), they will charge around 4% to 7% of the sum and will require your passport. Otherwise, you can withdraw cash at the ATM from HDFC Bank in front of the Church, but because it is the only ATM in Agonda, it is sometimes empty, and also it is only possible to withdraw 20,000 INR per day. Alternatively, you can go to Chaudi, the nearest town, where you can find many ATMs.
- Where to do my laundry? There are a few local places in Agonda with Laundry signs. They usually charge per kilo or item. Otherwise, your room is equipped with a bucket so you can hand-wash your clothes.
- Where to find a doctor? In the unlikely event you need a doctor or nurse, there is a small local clinic located in Agonda. They provide medicines from 9:00 am till 8.00 pm (closed at lunchtime), and a doctor is usually available from 5.00 pm till 8.00 pm.
- Do I need a Covid test or certificate to enter India? No. As per the latest government update, Air Suvidha Self Declaration Form and negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report are no longer mandatory for all passengers. Please check here for the latest update. We also recommend checking your departing country for any exit or entry requirements.
Visa to India
All passenger must have a valid entry visa to travel to India, obtained prior to departure, such as Tourist E-visa or Regular Tourist Visa. More details on all visas for India. Passport should have at least six months validity at the time of making application for grant of visa.
- Regular paper Tourist visa will start from the date of issue (not from the date of travel) and its validity depends on your country of origin. It can be 1 to 10 years. Consult with the Indian Consulate in your country. Passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- E-visas will start from the date of travel, and is valid 30 days/one year or five years. More details & application for E-visa.